Why Sponsor WRSEF:

The WRSEF mission is to encourage the development of student inquiry-based science process skills by supporting the education community, by providing a forum where students can dialogue with professionals and by honoring science achievement. This mission cannot be accomplished without financial support.

The Worcester Regional Science & Engineering Fair is a registered nonprofit 501(c)(3) charitable organization and as such it depends on the generous contributions of its donors. WRSEF also seeks out grant possibilities that compliment its mission. Less than 1% of our income goes to fundraising leaving 99% to fund awards and operation expenses. Donors can request a copy of our annual financial report.

WRSEF has no full or part-time paid staff, relying solely on dedicated volunteers who spend countless hours planning and executing the middle and high school yearly fairs. Worcester Polytechnic Institute (WPI) donates its facilities to host both fairs. Students, teachers, schools, and the public do not pay an entry fee to exhibit or enter the fairs.. About 40% of the projects entered will receive a monetary award at the senior high school level. Trophies/medals are awarded at the middle school level.

The top  projects in the senior high level, may qualify for entry to the week long Regeneron International Science & Engineering Fair.  WRSEF sponsors two or more entries and one chaperone to this event and pays all expenses. In 2003, WRSEF established the Synopsys International Science & Engineering Fair Travel Fund. Synopsys with corporate headquarters in California and operations in Marlborough, MA, generously provides financial support for this fund every year.

Sponsorship Levels:

The Worcester Regional Science & Engineering Fair has two sponsorship levels.

Underwriters: These sponsoring organizations have contributed more than $1000 toward operational costs. A portion of this is also used in student awards.

Award Sponsors: Contributions at this level are less than $1000. An award or sometimes multiple awards are given on behalf of the sponsor. Sponsors are encouraged NOT to put specific restraints on contributions. Specific criteria cannot always be satisfied by the projects in a given year.

Contact us for further details on sponsorship.

Special thanks go to Boston's Museum of Science for supporting our 2022 Middle School STEM Fair. Their mission (along with WRSEF) is to provide unique experiences that inspire a life-long love of science, engineering, and mathematics. We are grateful to MOS for providing tickets for each participant in the Middle School STEM Fair.


Award Sponsers

Award Sponsors: